In 2015, the United Nations identified 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The goals were identified in order to help drive participation in sustainable practices by national governments, and therefore drive progress towards the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Oyster Promo actively embodies many of the goals on the UN’s list. Our sustainability as a company is multifaceted. We can advise and educate clients on environmentally preferable promotional products. We provide extensive options for purchase, from sustainable alternatives of staples, to innovative and unique items. We are diligent about sustainable business practices in our own place of work (and lives) as well as advocating for them to others. Read more about how Oyster realizes these goals - and how you can too.
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being – the health of our bodies is innately integrated with the health of the planet. We are compound individuals within the biosphere, therefore when it experiences pollution and rising temperatures, there is an inevitable negative impact on our individual well-being. When we take steps to care for the planet and make sustainable choices, we are caring for our own health and bodies. Check out our Health & Wellness collection for sustainably made health and wellness products.
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities – Oyster believes in the importance of community and that every city can be sustainable. There are so many options out there to help advance society towards a truly sustainable cycle, a circular economy. Don’t believe us? Just check out our product pages.
- Responsible consumption and production – This is at the heart of Oyster’s ethos. We want to make responsible consumption and production accessible to everyone. The more accessible it is, the more it will be the first choice of consumers, and that’s when the change snowball and become more impactful.
- Climate action – Everyone can take action when it comes to saving our climate. Every single individual choice you make adds up. Not only that, every dollar that you spend is a vote for the kind of society you want. What you buy and how you shop will trigger change at the highest level of business and corporation, and spur them to take climate action.
- Life below water – The reusable replacements for everyday single-use plastic items that Oyster offers help to keep plastic out of our oceans. Stainless steel straws, water bottles, insulated tumblers for your to-go coffee, tote bags from recycled material, all reduce the amount of trash that ends up in our water and harms marine life.
- Life on land – Our focus on sustainability extends beyond the promotional products we source for our clients, and applies also to our business practices. Choosing sustainable business practices, from low-energy production to paperless communication, we contribute to the cause we advocate for. Preserving our environment will protect life on land.
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals
To learn more about the UN’s Sustainable Development goals please visit https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/?menu=1300.